At Haven Neighborhood Services, we understand that Low-and Moderate-Income (LMI) individuals and families experience a great deal of financial hardship that impacts every dimension of their lives. The chronic financial instability not only imposes high degrees of day-to-day stress, but it also limits their abilities to improve their overall financial outlook.
Thus, we strive to integrate effective financial capability, housing, and supportive services that are essential for LMI communities because it serves to develop and advance economic inclusion, mobility and, ultimately, financial security to end their financial crisis for good. This involves harnessing an array of resources, capabilities, and institutional support that enable vulnerable individuals and families to sustain themselves, thrive, and move up the economic ladder
Low-and Moderate-Income (LMI) individuals and families experience a great deal of financial hardship that impacts every dimension of their lives. This chronic financial instability not only imposes high degrees of day-to-day stress which limit the ability to save and build assets, constraining prospects for a more secure future.
Across Los Angeles country, organizations work to help low-income families achieve economic stability and mobility through a variety of programs, such as job training, small business development services, affordable housing, energy assistance, health care, etc. But even with a wide array of available, high quality social services, individuals with limited financial capability struggle to succeed in such programs and to translate any progress into lasting economic change and to put an end to their financial crisis for good.
Our mission is to financially empower vulnerable communities in Los Angeles by providing no-cost financial education and services to end their financial crisis.
Our vision is to one day reach every under-served community in Los Angeles to end their financial crisis for good and achieve financial stability.
Our core values commitment is the foundation of all that we do. Haven Neighborhood Services upholds the following (7) core values:
- Collaborative: we champion cross-sector collaboration efforts to enhance programming and referral performance to meet the additional needs of our clients.
- Effective: we maximize effectiveness of our programs by developing best practices to directly address financial distress.
- Empowerment: we financially empower communities through education/direct services in reaching tangible goals.
- Excellence: we ensure excellence of program performance and adhere to the financial needs of the community
- Integrity: we implement the highest standards of commitment, ethical and moral practices to satisfy the trust of our community members.
- Responsible: we provide the highest quality of education and services in a manner that is responsible, respectful, and culturally sensitive to our clients.
- Stewardship: we leverage our role as trusted stewards of essential resources/services to improve the financial health to all.
For the last ten years, Haven Neighborhood Services, a nonprofit 501 (c)(3), has maintained an unwavering commitment to the financial health and education of our community members. All services that Haven Neighborhood Services provides are no-cost to our clients. Our organization, founded during the aftermath of the 2008 Economic Recession, addresses financial crises among economically vulnerable individuals and families.
To date, we have served over 28,000+ Angelenos. Many of which have achieved financial freedom and ended their financial crisis through our education and direct financial counseling/coaching services.
Our focus population is 100% Low-to-Moderate Income individuals/families. Haven Neighborhood Services provides education and direct financial counseling/coaching services to the following marginalized groups:
- At-Risk Youth
- People of Color
- Domestic Violence Survivors
- Incarcerated Women/Men
- Transitional Age Youth (TAY)
- Undocumented Immigrants
- U.S. Military Veterans
- Lynwood: Los Angeles County Jail for Women
Haven Neighborhood Services is currently located in (4) sites across Los Angeles County:
- South Los Angeles: Mercado La Paloma
- West Los Angeles: FamilySource Center-Latino Resource Organization
- West Los Angeles: Veteran Administration Office
- Lynwood: Los Angeles County Jail for Women
- Board Development: Orientation Basics
- Keeping Your Nonprofit Track & Out of Trouble
- Fundraising Strategies
- Proposal/Grant Writing
- Financial Coaching: Helping Clients Reach Their Financial Goals
- Foreclosure Intervention & Default Counseling
- Default Counseling Certification, Part I
- Sharpen your Presentation Skills- Rejuvenate Education and Counseling Programs
- Credit Counseling for Maximum Results
- Advanced Reporting and Customization for Counselor
- Client Management and Tracking with Counselor
- Homeownership Counseling Certification: Principles, Practices and Techniques, Part I
- Building Skills for Financial Confidence
- Advanced Foreclosure: Case Study Practicum
- Delivering Effective Financial Education for Today's Consumer
- Transitioning Consumers: Counseling Clients To Take The Next Step
- Homeownership Counseling for Program Managers and Executive Directors
- Financial Capability
- Leading for Homeownership Counselors
- Compliance with State & Federal Regulations
- Homebuyer Education Methods: Training the Trainer
- Pre-Purchase Homeownership Education
- Post-Purchase Education Methods
- Rental Counseling
- Train the Trainer: Financial Literacy workshop 2013
- Fair Lending Investigations for FHIPs/FHAps
- Full Fair Lending File Review
- Identifying Mortgage Abuses and Fair Lending Violations
- Homeownership Counseling
- Foreclosure Intervention and Default Counseling
- The Effect of Regulatory Changes in Assisting your Housing Counseling Clients
- Homeless Counseling
- Homeownership Programs Training on Policies and Procedures
Certificate of Recognition
- Vendor for the 16th Annual housing rights Seminar
Certificate of Adoption
- Adopter of the National Industry Standards for Homeownership Education and Counseling in Homeownership Counseling
- Adopter of the National Industry Standards for Homeownership Education and Counseling in Foreclosure Specialty